Sunday, October 15, 2006

Does Kyle Gallner always play killers?


Some of you might remember Kyle Gallner better assidy "Beaver" Casablancas from Veronica Mars, but it seems that in addition to being the killer in Veronica Mars, Kyle Gallner just scored a new part as a troubled teenager on Cold Case. The episode of Cold Case named "Rampage" aired on September 24th 2006. Kyle Gallner plays the part of Cameron, one of two troubled teenagers who go on a shooting spree in a mall and then shoot themselves. I have been a fan of Kyle Gallner ever since Veronica Mars, and was very upset that he was not going to be a regular during the third season of the show. To my surprise, as I watched the episode "Rampage" of Cold Case, I was happy to find Kyle Gallner as one of the actors for the episode. However, I found it very funny to see that again he was cast as a troubled teenager. No doubt about it, he is brilliant in that role, I just hope that he will not get typecast as "the troubled teenager", because I think he has more to offer to the screen. Atcually, before the reveal at the end of the second season of Veronica Mars, Kyle Gallner's role as Cassidy "Beaver" Casablancas was geared towards a different direction, and he was brilliant as the underdog of the group.
All of this is to say that I hope I will get to see Kyle Gallner soon again on TV (even if it is as a psychopathic killer again!)

No comments: